Friday, May 17, 2013

Steady pace wins the race!

The plan is working!

The last few days have been one little victory after another. My workouts have been stellar and my eating plan has been impeccable (somewhat). Here's a quick glimpse:
  • New, healthy snacks were acquired through serious taste-testing efforts. My daughter and I sat in the store and tasted and tried many flavors, bought the bags we opened even if we didn't like them, and were very pleased with our final purchases. The winners:



  • Wednesday night's dinner was a veggie and ravioli sautee with organic chicken sausage. I put a little EVOO and water in a large, deep skillet I chopped up and threw in onions, bell peppers, and zuchini with the raviolis then added sliced, organic chicken Italian sausage. I let it all simmer away, shook it around a couple times, and let it brown on the bottom. It was delicious...and my kids didn't say, "MOM, everything you make is disgusting." HAH! VICTORY!

     Yesterday was another great victory.  


    • Breakfast: Two eggs, Very Veggie Juice, and, duh, Coffee.
    • Workout: Full body weight training session for 1hr. It was BEAST! (not sure what that means, but it sounds super cool when my son says it).
    • Post workout: Chocolate, PB, banana, hemp milk shake...I like that word, shake!!! Smooth and creamy. YUM!
    • Lunch: Red Curry soup with chicken and veggies. OOOOOOOHHHHH! MY fave!
    • Snack: A handful of the newly acquired Pizza flax "chips" and a COCO-roon. Heaven!
    • Dinner: Leftovers (ravioli, veggies, chicken sausage) which used to gross me out, but as I lose taste buds, are quite nice to have around.
    Night cap was drinking a glass of wine beside my hubby as we watch the movie "Warrior". Good flick. All about family drama, forgiveness, redemption, and ultimately, VICTORY!  Victory over life's messes, our parent's failures, and our own demons we have created. VICTORY! 
    LOVE it! LIVE it! Be VICTORIOUS Today! 

    "But thanks be to God! He gives us the VICTORY through our Lord Jesus Christ." 
    1 Corinthians 15:57

    WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS!
                                         

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    What's on your mind regarding today's post?