Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Celebrate MOM!



Shop Amazon - Perfect Gifts for Mother's Day

Mother's day is fast approaching and with only a few shopping days left in the week I thought I would put out a quick and easy list of ideas to show appreciation and adoration for the women who gave us life, sustained us for the first years, listened when our hearts were breaking, prayed as we applied for college and met our soulmates, and continues to be constant source of encouragement, affirmation, and wisdom as we go about life. I, myself have more than one woman I call "Mother" and am very grateful for each one and the gifts she brings to my life. I don't always see eye-to-eye with my moms, but i know how much they have been through and value their history and insight as wisdom to consider in my own life.
The following are ideas that might suit any number of women in your life. Each list has been given a title that corresponds to the reigning women in my fam. Hopefully, you may connect with one or more of these and find something cool for your Momma.

The Matriarch- there would be no me(or you) without her. She's the one that reminds me all the time that there is amazing transformational power in each of our lives if we just reach out and accept it.



The Mother-in-Law- Luckily, we have more of a Ruth and Naomi relationship as opposed to her being my MONSTER-in-law. PHEW! I got lucky! We both love to cook and she does it so well I have a hard time being good when her pecan pie is front of me.


The Foodie and fitness fanatic
- you know, the one who works out just to eat amazing food and eats such amazing food she is compelled to workout all the time...Oh, yah, that's me!


The Fashionista- She's the one that always looks put together whether she is drenched in sweat or getting ready for bed. She knows what to wear and how to wear it.


Last and most certainly not least---
Then there's The Funny Grandma- the one who's always making you laugh, making your kids do silly things that make you super uncomfortable, but makes her look AWESOME! She's the one you want on your side or your kids will start leaving saran wrap on the toilet seat or talking about those embarrassing moments from your childhood. LOVE YOU MAMA!

My hope is that this helps give you some ideas of how to celebrate the one (or more) women in your life that you couldn't live without. No seriously, you would not have life without her. Show her you care and pick out something nice that says "no matter what our differences are, I know you are an important person in my life".

Happy Mother's Day!



Shop Amazon - Perfect Gifts for Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind regarding today's post?